Every year a host country is designated by United Nations World Tourism Organization General Assembly to act as the Organisation’s partner in the observance of World Tourism Day. This year India stand as a host country to mark its presence on this occasion of World Tourism Day with the theme “Tourisms and Jobs: a better future for all.”
World Tourism Day is being celebrated since 1980 every year. The UNWTO has the intention to raise awareness about the role of the Tourism industry and how it exerts influence on the social, cultural, political and economic values among the international community. To dramatise the relevance of Travelling, Late Ignatius Amaduwa Atigbi, a Nigerian National proposed an idea of marking 27th September every year as World Tourism Day and the Constitution of World Tourism Organisation was accepted on this day. The colour of World Tourism Day was nailed as Blue in Global Tourism.
World Tourism Day 2019 Pictures
Agra School students greet tourists at Agra Fort on World Tourism Day, September 27, 2018.
India has a scenic beauty and many pilgrimage destinations related to history, culture, mythology, and heritage. India has always been a favorite landing place of foreigners in terms of lip-smacking and delicious street foods, old monuments which are the reflection of our history and real-life tales of the kingdoms and lovers. The most five visited cities in India by foreign tourists are Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Agra, and Jaipur. Tourists are more inclined towards the different religions, dresses, beauty of Indian females, their artistic nature, dance forms, various climate conditions and so on.
The WTO makes sure that travel is accessible for everyone, including those who are disabled and folks with low-income. Whether you are walking on a cane or rolling on a chair, the world is open for business to you and your friends. So, get traveling! Indian Leaders say, “Explore India’s Cultural Heritage”.
World Tourism Day Celebration in India
New Delhi Union MoS Tourism Alphons Kannanthanam presents the National Tourism Awards 2016-17 during a program organized by the Ministry of Tourism on the occasion of World Tourism Day in New Delhi on September 27, 2018. Also, seen Ministry of Tourism Secretary Rashmi Verma.
K. J. Aplhons is an Indian civil servant, advocate, and politician. He is the former Union Minister of State for Culture and tourism under the government of Narendra Modi. The theme for the World Tourism Day, 2018, being “ Tourism and Digital Transformation” the minister shared that lots of digital initiatives in harnessing technology for tourism promotion have been taken which includes 24*7 chat box interface, launch of a new incredible India website , launch of a website on Buddhism in India and many more new initiatives.
World Tourism Day Activities in India
Tourism is to travel for joy and profession both. Travelling teaches us many things, our Vice President tweeted. Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his Independence Day speech had said, “There is a lot to refine in the tourism and hospitality industry. When we mark 75 years of freedom, can I ask each and every person of my nation to visit at least 15 tourist destinations in India to give a boost to the Indian tourism industry and explore the richness of our heritage.”
- Air-India is all set to launch its non-stop services between New Delhi and Toronto in order to celebrate this auspicious occasion. As a part of this day, the Boeing aircraft B-777 which will be deployed on New Delhi-Toronto route has been painted with the pictures of famous Indian tourist destinations such as Taj Mahal, Qutub Minar, Konark Temple, Golden Temple and Statue of Unity to showcase the tremendous richness of India. It is all set to mark the theme “Celebrating India” written behind the wings, above the windows.
- World Tourism can create more and better jobs, especially for youth and women. The world needs to maximize the potential of tourism. Tourism can offer many types of jobs but it is often undervalued.
- On this global day, Indian leaders and chief ministers have urged the youth to feel around the rich cultural heritage and diversification of India.
- Though many different tourism points are the centre of attractions in India, Delhi Tourism has launched water bubbles on the occasion of World Tourism Day at Old fort. Such activities are going to add a new dimension to the water sports activity and historical monuments in the city. Currently, only three bubbles have been introduced and more to come up soon.
- The movements of the breathtaking performance of this beauteous crackerjack captured the essence of the music. The diversity of culture, people, traditions are surely the eye-catchers for international tourists. A folk artist performs on the occasion of World Tourism Day at Junagarh Fort in Bikaner on September 27, 2018.
A PETA people for the Ethical Treatment of Animals activist dressed up as an elephant spreads awareness urging the people to refrain from taking elephant rides ahead of World Tourism Day in Kolkata
World Tourism Day Images on India Content
India Content has a good stock of Tourism Day images. The pictures are available in three sizes-small, medium and large—on the website.You can purchase various other content images from the https://www.indiacontent.in